A great reminder from my guest on episode 040 of my leadership podcast and a leader from down under, Rick Nieuwenhoven; Rick says, "We can’t control other people. We can’t control outside events. All we can control is our reactions to things, our emotions, our thoughts."
Listen to episode 040 of Garage to Goliath | Leaders Building Legacies podcast with guest, Rick Nieuwenhoven, CEO of Nieuvision to hear a great discussion about:
- Ideas for providing vision and leadership for the people you lead [11:15]
- What it means to have a single-minded focus [15:05]
- How to make the right decision under pressure [16:15]
- Feeding a success oriented mindset [19:40]
- Releasing control [22:03]
- How Rick defines leadership [23:21]
- A character trait that is Rick’s biggest asset and sometimes his biggest liability [29:30]
- A failure that impacted Rick’s journey [31:20]
- The best leadership advice Rick gives to his kids [35:07]
- The people who influence Rick as a leader [39:44]
- How Rick wants his children to describe him to his grandchildren [45:19]
Links from episode 040 of Garage to Goliath | Leaders Building Legacies podcast:
- Rick Nieuwenhoven: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Entrepreneurs' Organization | For Entrepreneurs. By Entrepreneurs.
- "If" by Rudyard Kipling
- Dan's leadership ebook: Is CEO Disease Crippling Your Company? How to Diagnose and Treat It Before It’s Too Late
Listen and enjoy!
P.S. To learn if CEO Disease is crippling you, get a free copy of my leadership ebook: Is CEO Disease Crippling Your Company? How to Diagnose and Treat It Before It’s Too Late.
Learn seven symptoms of CEO Disease that will keep you from going far as a leader, get your free copy of my leadership ebook here.