The art of self-management is crucial to your success and effectiveness as a leader.
Are you in control of yourself, your responses, the way you interact with and deal with this thing we call life? Leaders first need to regularly practice self-awareness and to build on self-awareness, know how to manage thyself.
In episode 043 of Garage to Goliath | Leaders Building Legacies, I talk about three important components of self-management that I often unpack for audiences in my keynote speaking:
1. Adaptability → It is being flexible to respond to change. What's more, it is creating the change yourself and welcoming it with open arms.
2. Positivity → It is pursuing the best in life, for yourself and others, despite obstacles and setbacks. A Positive Outlook is not the absence of trials and hards times, it's how you choose to act during the hard times as a leader. *Hint* there is a very real link between your positive outlook and the way you are able to influence people for the better.
3. Achievement Orientation → It is where you strive to meet or exceed a standard of excellence. How do you get the best out of yourself? Out of the people you come across? Find out in episode 043 of my leadership podcast.
Thank you for listening! To help this leadership podcast succeed, please:
- Subscribe to my leadership podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or SoundCloud.
- Leave an honest comment in iTunes. Your ratings help me get better as a host and it helps others find the show.
P.S. You can . . .
Photo by Matthew Fassnacht on Unsplash.